Wednesday, March 2, 2011

cancellations

Maybe my personal blog isn't the appropriate forum for this but it's kind of the only place on the internet I feel halfway comfortable writing anything personal. Hopefully the reasoning behind Bad Banana's cancellations at the end of our tour will circulate enough for SOME people to not think we're flaky jerks. I hate to cancel shows and I feel like P.S. Eliot has a bit of a reputation for doing just that (not typically my fault, though) so I want to address the reasoning. A really close friend of Allison and mine passed away and we canceled our show in New Orleans to come home to Birmingham and be with our friends. We came home last night after Gainesville to come to the funeral today which means we had to cancel in Athens. It was really shitty circumstances, really unexpected and we wanted to come say goodbye to our friend. We'll be sure to come back to NOLA and Athens really really soon.

1 comment:

  1. Aww jeez that's terrible, sorry to hear! Looking forward to whenever y'all can make it to Athens.

    ReplyDelete