Monday, May 17, 2010

the drought

Last night we were driving home from Wilmington and I listened to a demo I made with my friend Carter when I was 17. I was embarrassed by it for a long time I think because it's kind of cavalier or something. I don't know. For some reason it really resonated with me last night. I felt nostalgic and like strangely proud of this little demo that I was embarrassed by for so long. I thought I'd share it. It has some serious overzealous posi moments...and also some serious high school angst. And some weird Dashboard-esque accentuation. But it's something that reminds me of old friends and it's something I think new friends should have.

King Everything- the Drought demo

7 comments:

  1. total trash = obsessed with everything you do. just so you know we are your total embarrassing fangirls 4 EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie I love this!! Shannon has a solo song called the drought, weird! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! i luv total trash. and i miss you too dom! i saw kylewilliam this weekend! i want to come visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. total trash rules!!! i'm jealous he got to see y'all!! come visit it would rule! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also we're writing a song inspired by the b9 thread, hahahahah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUDE. when your new record is done and ours is done we are going on a lady army tour. it needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is your band name a guided by voices reference?

    ReplyDelete