Saturday, January 16, 2010

the creative process, part I

I'm becoming sort of arrested by the stagnated state of, well, my band, as far as writing for a full band goes. Not at all to say that I personally write for the full band, but writing a skeletal version of a song that a conventional bass-guitar-drums band is going to execute. It's a little frustrating so I think I'm just going to give it a rest for a little while. It's pretty disappointing because I was totally excited to work on a "record". Like, because it was this cohesive and conceptual thing, it made me feel like it was going to need all of my attention. I don't know, I was pretty excited about that.

Spent the majority of this day in bed and now I'm working on some solo songs for a split tape I'm doing with my friend Chris. Maybe it'll get me back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment